Congratulations to our newly elected board members. Kim Smith - Secondary VP Kelli Dockery - Elementary VP Allison Spraggins - President Elect Thank you to all who ran for a position. President Terri Callawayread more
Counselors,Have you thought about wanting to be a part of the state leadership team for ArSCA? If so, please consider running for one of our open positions. This summer at conference we will elect a new President Elect, Elementary VP and Secondary VP. ...read more
Northeast Region Summer WorkshopThursday, June 13, 2019At Central Baptist Church3707 Harrisburg RdJonesboro, ARRegistration from 7:45-8:158:15 - 3:15Topics of Discussion and Special Guests:Suicide Prevention (2hr) - Shelly HortonHuman Trafficking (1hr) -...read more
Do you, or someone you may know, have knowledge or ideas that would be valuable to share with fellow counselors? Well here's your chance for a forum of countless counselors around the state. Fill out the easy Google Form below and present at the 2019 ArSCA/ADE...read more
Who We Are
ArSCA empowers professional school counselors with the knowledge, skills, connections, and resources to promote student success in the school, the home, the community and the world.
The mission of ArSCA is to represent professional school counselors and to promote professionalism and ethical practices.
ArSCA’s Goals and Objectives
- Professional development opportunities in areas to critical need are made available to all professional school counselors.
- Timely, relevant information exists to enhance professional school counselors’ level of skill and professionalism.
Legislativepolicy exists that supports professional school counselors and child advocacy.
- ASCA initiates and supports relevant research and evaluation in school counseling.
- Professional and ethical standards articulate the code of conduct and professional behavior for professional school counselors.
- Strategic partnerships with stakeholders exist to benefit professional school counselors and their students.
- Leaders at local, state and national levels champion and lead change initiatives.
- Organizational structure and administrative functions that facilitate the accomplishment of the goals and objectives.