ArSCA is an organization comprised of school counselors who desire to improve the school counseling profession and support Arkansas students’ academic, personal/social and career development so they achieve success. Throughout the years, there have been many serious issues that affected the school counseling profession and Arkansas students. ArSCA initiated advocacy.
Below are just a few recent areas in which ArSCA has represented you and the students of Arkansas:
- Charter member of American School Counselors (ASCA) = 50 years of national representation
- An established and ongoing relationship with ADE
- Offering professional development designed for the school counseling profession
- School counselor licensure addressed with Commissioner of Education (only ArSCA members present)
- Spoke to legislature regarding testing concerns and their negative effect on Arkansas students (ArSCA members, Tawnya Shelton and Robin Finley)
- Promoting school counseling at a regional level
- Counselor listserv
Your ArSCA board consists of volunteers who are passionate about the school counseling profession and the students of Arkansas. We pledge to make this time of transition as smooth and beneficial for you as you continue to guide your students. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me or any ArSCA board member.
2015-16 ArSCA President