Arkansas School Counselor Association (ArSCA) supports school counselors’ efforts to help students focus on academic, personal/social and career development so they achieve success in school and are prepared to lead fulfilling lives as responsible members of society. Membership in the state and national associations is highly recommended. ArSCA adheres to the Code of Ethics and policy statements of the American School Counseling Association (ASCA).
- Professional development opportunities in areas to critical need are made available to all professional school counselors.
- Timely, relevant information exists to enhance professional school counselors’ level of skill and professionalism.
- Legislative policy exists that supports professional school counselors and child advocacy.
- ASCA initiates and supports relevant research and evaluation in school counseling.
- Professional and ethical standards articulate the code of conduct and professional behavior for professional school counselors.
- Strategic partnerships with stakeholders exist to benefit professional school counselors and their students.
- Leaders at local, state and national levels champion and lead change initiatives.
- Organizational structure and administrative functions that facilitate the accomplishment of the goals and objectives.